Posted to user@storm.apache.org by pavidhanaj <pa...@zoho.com> on 2019/06/12 07:59:28 UTC

Assigning Tasks to same supervisor machine

Hi,

Let us consider we are having N number of bolts. out of this input for the three bolts (BOLT-A, BOLT-B, BOLT-C )  will have the common field named Id. And while these bolts receiving tuples from their source, fields with the same id value needs to go to the same supervisor machine for all the three bolts.

For example,

Let us consider we are having three supervisor machine namely,  SM-1, SM-2, SM-3

If tuple with field value (id=1) assigned to the worker in SM-2 for BOLT-A, then tuples with the same field(id=1) of  BOLT-B and BOLT-C also need to be assigned to the workers in SM-2.

What will be the proper approach to achieve this?

Thanks,

Pavithra.