Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kris Van Echelpoel <kr...@kava.be> on 2003/10/09 10:58:20 UTC

Jboss 3.2.2RC problem with sitemap.xmap

Hello.

I'm developing a J2EE application with Jbuilder on Jboss (at the moment I'm
testing the release candidates of the 3.2.2 version).Now I'm trying to add a
webmodule using Cocoon 2.0.3. The problem has nothing to do with Jbuilder
but with Jboss and the war-file of Cocoon.

Everytime I try to call the root xml file of my war through my browser, I
get following exception. This also happens when I use the most simple
sitemap.xmap or the cocoon.war file delivered with the binary edition of
cocoon 2.0.3. I think that Jboss just can't open the sitemap.xmap although
Jboss says that there is a config error. I also get the config error with
correct examples of the sitemap.xmap. Can somebody help me ? I have included
all cocoon jars in the WEB-INF/lib of the war which deploys fine.

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in
sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find
the component for hint:
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(C:\jboss-3.2.2RC4\jboss-3.2.2RC
4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-files\org/apache/
cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:148)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:185)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(
ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:98)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerat
or(GeneratorSelector.java:187)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:337)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:292)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:265)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint:
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(Exca
liburComponentSelector.java:270)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.select(DefaultSite
mapComponentSelector.java:101)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.select(DefaultSite
mapComponentSelector.java:104)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.preparePattern(C:\jboss-3.2.2RC4\jboss-3.
2.2RC4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-files\org/ap
ache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:198)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.prepareMatchers(C:\jboss-3.2.2RC4\jboss-3
.2.2RC4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-files\org/a
pache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:217)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(C:\jboss-3.2.2RC4\jboss-3.2.2RC
4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-files\org/apache/
cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:141)
	... 7 more

Greetz
Kris

-----
Kris Van Echelpoel
KAVA - ICT Dienst
Tel. +32 3 280 15 64
Fax. +32 3 218 57 40

Re: Jboss 3.2.2RC problem with sitemap.xmap

Posted by Deepak Mehta <de...@deeeep.com>.
Hi Kris,

two solutions:

1) Use Jonas (http://jonas.objectweb.org)... works there and it is a
more stable container. Ask Bernard (also works at Kava), he has some
nice experiences in hooking up Jonas-Tomcat-Cocoon... ;-)

2) JBoss uses a different XML Parser than Cocoon and thus there are
some problems there. The Wiki has a HOWTO on it I think:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossDeployment (now I am
sure).

3) Can also be a classloader problem
(http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg01959.html)...
Use Cocoon in paranoid mode, as I do on my
Jonas/Tomcat/Cocoon/MacOSX/Java1.4 setup...

In short, Cocoon is very nice, but can be a nightmare getting this nice
square peg to fit in the round holes already running in the companies.
But Jboss and Jonas should not be a problem, if you did stick to the
EJB specs, as that is the whole essense of the J2EE spec, you should be
able to switch appservers in a go.

If you need help, give me a call!

Regards
Deeeep

On Oct 09, 2003, at 10:58, Kris Van Echelpoel wrote:

> [...]
> tSite
> mapComponentSelector.java:104)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.preparePattern(C:\jboss
> -3.2.2RC4\jboss-3.
> 2.2RC4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-
> files\org/ap
> ache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:198)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.prepareMatchers(C:\jboss
> -3.2.2RC4\jboss-3
> .2.2RC4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-
> files\org/a
> pache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:217)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(C:\jboss-3.2.2RC4\jboss
> -3.2.2RC
> 4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-files\org/

                            __                 |
                   _ww   _a+"D                 |
            y#,  _r^ # _*^  y`                 |
           q0 0 a"   W*`    F   ____           |
        ;  #^ Mw`  __`. .  4-~~^^`             |
       _  _P   ` /'^           `www=.          |
     , $  +F    `                q             | Deepak 'Deeeep' Mehta
     K ]                         ^K`           | <de...@deeeep.com>
   , #_                . ___ r    ],           | http://www.deeeep.com/
   _*.^            '.__dP^^~#,  ,_ *,          | GSM: +32-475-612620
   ^b    / _         ``     _F   ]  ]_         |
    '___  '               ~~^    ]   [         |
    :` ]b_    ~k_               ,`  yl         |
      #P        `*a__       __a~   z~`         |
      #L     _      ^------~^`   ,/            |
       ~-vww*"v_               _/`             |
               ^"q_         _x"                |
                __#my..___p/`mma____           |
            _awP",`,^"-_"^

Re: Jboss 3.2.2RC problem with sitemap.xmap

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
We have no problem with Cocoon 2.0.4 and JBoss 3.0.6 when deploying the
War expanded.

Joerg

Posted by Deepak Mehta <de...@deeeep.com>.
But wouldn't this be extremely difficult for maintenance purposes?
Really trust me, if you are not using FJB (Fleury Java Beans or for
that matter BeaJB or WebSphereJB) but EJBs then try switching to
JOnAS... this is really well supported and has gained a lot of momentum
the last year... Even got Sun support...

The only problem here is the classloader, which can be solved by using
the endorsed Tomcat lib solution or switch to CocoonParanoid (in the
cocoon.xconf)... For MacOSX the second solution works.

Regards
Deeeep

On Oct 09, 2003, at 11:30, Oskar Casquero Oiarzabal wrote:

> [...]
> tSite
> KVE> mapComponentSelector.java:104)
> KVE>         at
> KVE>
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.preparePattern(C:\jboss
> -3.2.2RC4\jboss-3.
> KVE>
> 2.2RC4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-
> files\org/ap
> KVE> ache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:198)
> KVE>         at
> KVE>
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.prepareMatchers(C:\jboss
> -3.2.2RC4\jboss-3
> KVE>
> .2.2RC4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-
> files\org/a
> KVE> pache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:217)
> KVE>         at
> KVE>
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(C:\jboss-3.2.2RC4\jboss
> -3.2.2RC
> KVE>
> 4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-files\org/

(c) copyright Deepak Mehta 2003
Reading this message constitutes copyright infringement.
You are under arrest....

Re[2]: Jboss 3.2.2RC problem with sitemap.xmap

Posted by Oskar Casquero Oiarzabal <jt...@bi.ehu.es>.
Geoff Howard wrote:

GH> Oskar Casquero Oiarzabal wrote:
>> I'm also developing a J2EE application on Jboss-2.1.1 using Cocoon-2.1
>> as webmodule. I also got these "UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find
>> the component for hint:" exception, and I solved it defining all the
>> components (<map:components>) in my rootsitemap, not only actions, generators,
>> transformers and serializers definitions, but also pipeline
>> (<map:pipe>) and matcher (<map:matcher>) component definitions.

GH> This sounds like you never defined a valid root sitemap and has nothing
GH> to do with JBoss.  Kris, if your situation is the same, can you send a
GH> copy of your root sitemap?  All sitemap components need to be defined
GH> before they are used.  Subsitemaps inherit from the root, but if you
GH> copied a sample subsitemap and tried to use it as your root sitemap,
GH> you'd have a lot of undefined components.  FYI, this need may change in
GH> future versions - there may be default sitemap components predefined.

Geoff, perhaps my explanation was not too clear, but I was trying to
explain the same. In my case, I'm used to writing subsitemaps, in
which, as you said, component definitions are inherited from root
sitemap. So, when I wrote my first root sitemap, I forgot to declare
pipeline component definition (<match:pipe>) and that's why I got the same
exception. After declaring <match:pipe> (and all the other components
I use in my sitemap) the problem was solved.

Best regars,
  Oskar

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

Posted by Oskar Casquero Oiarzabal <jt...@bi.ehu.es>.