Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Diego, Emil" <ed...@exchange.sba.miami.edu> on 2002/11/06 21:03:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Server Side Includes

I am running apache 1.23 on Redhat Linux 7.2.

I am trying to get server side includes to work in my website.  I almost
havce it working. If i have a .shtml file in /var/www/html it executes ok.
If i put the file in /var/www/html/test it doesn't work.  any ideas what i
am doing wrong.  Thanx in advance.

I have the following Directory statement:
<Directory "/var/www/html">

#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

# Configuew server side includes
# Setup .shtml files to be parsed as server side includes
# also use the XBitHack to parse any files that have the
# executable bit set.

	Options +Includes

	AddType text/html .shtml
	AddHandler server-parsed /shtml

	XBitHack on
#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
    AllowOverride None

#
#
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Emil Diego
Website Administrator
University of Miami School of Business
ediego@miami.edu
ph: 305.284.5449
fx: 305.284.3404

Re: [users@httpd] Server Side Includes

Posted by Ian Stuart <Ia...@ed.ac.uk>.
On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 20:03, Diego, Emil wrote:
> I am running apache 1.23 on Redhat Linux 7.2.
>
> I am trying to get server side includes to work in my website.  I almost
> havce it working. If i have a .shtml file in /var/www/html it executes ok.
> If i put the file in /var/www/html/test it doesn't work.  any ideas what i
> am doing wrong.  Thanx in advance.
When you try to load the page, what error do you get in the Log file?

(try 'tail -f /path/to/logs/error_log' in a seperate window..)

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
              -- Mary.

 Personal web site: http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/

Re: [users@httpd] Server Side Includes

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Diego, Emil wrote:
> 	AddHandler server-parsed /shtml

That should be a "." not a "/".  Other than that, I would guess the
problem is in the ssi code, not the config file.

Joshua.