Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by abhaankur <me...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/01 12:18:00 UTC

RE: Jackrabbit

Hey i hv downloaded jcr-1.0.jar file. Now please tell me where to keep this
file. In which folder ?
 Also all other files that need to be kept with this file ?
 How to configure WebDav library 1.4 after that ? I need Jackrabbit WebDav
to work in the same manner as in Jakarta slide. Please inform the step by
step procedure ?

With Regards,

 Abha, Ankur

 Thank you

Re: Jackrabbit

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
http://markmail.org/message/hj4yd5twjestzace

Alex

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 7:17 AM, abhaankur <me...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> yaa..i did have a look at the first hop page from the link you have send.
> we are not able to configure the repository properly.
> please tell me the step by step procedure to configure it and make the
> changes in \WEB-inf\web.xml
> file.
> the previous message regarding the repository configuration was deleted by
> mistake from our account.
> please send it again.
>

> thanks
> with regards
> ankur, abha

Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Jackrabbit

Re: Jackrabbit

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
Hi,

the web.xml that is included in the jackrabbit-webapp should not need
much modifications (here is it in the svn for reference:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml).
The parameters should be well documented inside - if you have specific
questions about them, please ask!

There are two options: either you don't have a repository running
before the jackrabbit webapp comes up (which is probably your case),
then you can use the RepositoryStartupServlet, which will start the
repository and make it available through JNDI or RMI:

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.4/org/apache/jackrabbit/j2ee/RepositoryStartupServlet.html

The most important settings are the home directory for the repository
and the repository.xml, which configures the Jackrabbit repo as such
(how to store data, how to index, etc.) - see also below.

If the repository is already configured by JNDI resources of the
servlet containter, you want to comment out the
RepositoryStartupServlet and just use the RepositoryAccessServlet:

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.4/org/apache/jackrabbit/j2ee/RepositoryAccessServlet.html

For the repository.xml (the basic, webapp-indepdendent configuration
of Jackrabbit), see the documentation on the website:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html, together
with the Persistence Manager FAQ on the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

Regards,
Alex

PS: Please don't send messages twice (I have one sent at 11:07 am and
another at 11:11 am).

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:07 AM, abhaankur <me...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Ya i followed the instruction for the first hop but still i am enable to
> configure the repository correctly.
>  The manual changes have to be made in WEB-INF/web.xml file. I dont know
> which changes to be made in
>  web.xml to configure the repository. Please give me the procedure for that
> from starting.
>

>  With Regards,
>
>  Abha, Ankur

Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

>> Day JCR Cup 08 | Win a MacBook Pro: http://dev.day.com/ <<

----------------------------< alexander.klimetschek@day.com >----------
Alexander Klimetschek, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6,
CH - 4001 Basel, T +41 61 226 55 31, M +49 151 15 77 20 56
---------------------------------------< http://www.day.com >-----------------

Xing: http://www.xing.com/go/invite/3268380.32d2d4
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/klimetschek
Blog: http://weblogs.goshaky.com/weblogs/alexkli/

Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit

RE: Jackrabbit

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Did you follow the instructions on first hop tutorial
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/first-hops.html

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com

https://serenade.dev.java.net/