Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bryan Wilcox <az...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/23 23:10:07 UTC

Question about usage acknowledgement

Hello,
   Our group is using the Xerces C 2.5 parser to read/write XML in several commercial software products under development.  I know that under the license agreement, a developer is required to provide acknowledgement to Apache for the use of this product in the end user documentation.  However, a couple of our projects are Palm conduits that have no developer provided user interface.  What is the recommended means of acknowledgement in cases such as this??  We haven't released any products using this code yet, but that could change in the next few weeks, so I thought I would research this and try and get a definitive answer.
   If this is not the proper forum to address this concern, I would appreciate if someone could point me to the proper person/place to get this assistance.

Thanks,
Bryan

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Question about usage acknowledgement

Posted by James Berry <ja...@jberry.us>.
Bryan,

See http://www.apache.org/foundation/preFAQ.html#licence.

If that doesn't answer your question, send mail to apache@apache.org.