Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/16 04:21:45 UTC

Apache Drill and Tableau connectivity issue

Hi,
I am facing tableau and Apache Drill connectivity issue recently , which
was all working fine for long time (for more than 9+ months )

I did tested couple of scenarios, sharing below :

*Driver Version* - MapR Driver Version 1.3.0

*Scenario 1 : Tableau 10.2 - Apche Drill Connection - handshake timeout 180
in system dsn*
*Error :*
The connection to the data source might have been lost.
ExternalProtocol::PipeMessageSource::ReadByte s: Communication with the
Tableau Protocol Server process was lost.

* Scenario 2 :  Tableaus 10.2 - Other ODBC Driver - Driver - advance
properties empty *
*Error :*
The protocol is disconnected!
Unable to connect to the server "MapR Drill ODBC Driver". Check that the
server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested
database.

* Scenario 3 :Tableau 10.2 - Other ODBC Driver - DSN - handshake timeout
=180*
*Error :*
Able to connect

* Scenario 4 : Tableau 10.4 - Apache Drill Connector - Direct Connection-
data.xxx.com <http://data.xxx.com>*
*Error*:
The protocol is disconnected!
Unable to connect to the server "data.jll.com". Check that the server is
running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

* Scenario 5  : Tableau 10.4 - Apache Drill Connector - Direct Connection -
xx.xx.xx.x(IP address)*
*Error Message :*
The protocol is disconnected!
Unable to connect to the server "10.xx.xx.x". Check that the server is
running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

*Scenario 6 : Tableau 10.4 - Apache Drill Connector - Zookeeper Quorum*
[MapR][Drill] (10) Failure occurred while trying to connect to
zk=10.xx.xx:5181,10.xx.xx.x:5181,10.xx.xx.x:5181/drill/mapr_prod-drillbits
Unable to connect to the server
"10.xx.xx.x:5181,10.xx.xx.x:5181,10.xx.xx.x:5181". Check that the server is
running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

* Scenario 7 : Tableau 10.4 - Other ODBC Driver -DSN connection - handshake
timeout = 180 *
able to Connect !

* Scenario 8 : Tableaus 10.4 - Other ODBC Driver - Driver - advance
properties empty *

The protocol is disconnected!
Generic ODBC requires additional configuration. The driver and DSN (data
source name) must be installed and configured to match the connection.
Unable to connect to the server "MapR Drill ODBC Driver". Check that the
server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested
database.

* Scenario 9 : Tableau 2018.1 - Apache Drill Connector - Direct connection
-data.xxx.com <http://data.xxx.com>*
An error occurred while communicating with Apache Drill.

The connection to the data source might have been lost.
The protocol is disconnected!
Unable to connect to the server "data.jll.com". Check that the server is
running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

* Scenario 10 : Tableau 2018.1 - Apache Drill Connector - Zookeeper Quorum*

An error occurred while communicating with Apache Drill.

The connection to the data source might have been lost.
The protocol is disconnected!
Unable to connect to the server
"10.xx.xx.x:5181,10.xx.xx.5:5181,10.xx.xx.x:5181". Check that the server is
running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

* Scenario 11:  Tableau 2018.1 - Other ODBC Driver -DSN connection -
handshake timeout = 180 *
able to connect !

Appreciate the help !

Thanks,
Divya

Re: Apache Drill and Tableau connectivity issue

Posted by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com>.
Yes only change which I hapened was OS patching which is monthly schedule
activity.

Thanks,
Divya

[https://community.mapr.com/api/core/v3/people/6251/avatar?a=1280&amp;width=144&amp;height=144]<https://community.mapr.com/community/exchange/blog/2017/01/25/drill-best-practices-for-bi-and-analytical-tools>

Drill Best Practices for BI and Analytical Tools | MapR ...<https://community.mapr.com/community/exchange/blog/2017/01/25/drill-best-practices-for-bi-and-analytical-tools>