Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by mg <us...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/16 18:28:57 UTC

Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Hi,

I am currently trying to tune a CDH 4.0.1 (i~ hadoop 2.0.0-alpha)
cluster running HDFS, YARN, and HBase managed by Cloudera Manager 4.0.3
(Free Edition).

In CM, there are a number of options for setting mapreduce.*
configuration properties on the YARN client page.

Some of the properties and their explanations in the GUI still refer to
JobTracker and TaskTracker, e.g.,
- mapreduce.jobtracker.handler.count,
- mapreduce.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum,
- mapreduce.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum

I wonder whether these and a number of other mapreduce.* (e.g.,
mapreduce.job.reduces) properties are observed by the MR2
ApplicationMaster (and how), or not.

Can anyone clarify or point to respective documentation?

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com>.
hi,

check your namenode logs present in $HADOOP_HOME/logs dir.
It'll tell u exact reason why it's not coming up..

I believe some permission issue or hv u not formatted ur namenode ?

Thanks,
Alok

--
Alok Kumar

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com>.
hi,

--
Alok Kumar

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com>.
hi,

--
Alok Kumar

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com>.
hi,

--
Alok Kumar

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi  Shashwat,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi  Shashwat,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi  Shashwat,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi  Shashwat,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by Shashwat Shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shashwat Shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shashwat Shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shashwat Shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by mg <us...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again, that helps a lot.

Additionally to the properties listed on that page, I found that
mapreduce.job.reduces limits the number of reduce tasks per job (as with
MR V1)

Cheers
Martin

Posted by mg <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mg <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mg <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by mg <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by mg <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by mg <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by mg <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Relevance of mapreduce.* configuration properties for MR V2

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Thanks & Regards,