Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/15 13:28:33 UTC

[NOTICE] The pre commit job is a bit unstable than before

After switching to ci-hbase, our pre commit job runs much slower than
before.

This is because the new hbase jenkins node has less cpu cores than the
hadoop jenkins node, so we have less concurrency when executing UTs as the
default forkCount is 0.25C, which is related to the number of cores of the
build node.

In HBASE-26828, I've increased the concurrency to 0.5C, so we can almost
get the speed back, but it is also easier to hit failing flaky tests. I've
already opened several issues to address some of them, while other
committers are also doing the same thing.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Re: [NOTICE] The pre commit job is a bit unstable than before

Posted by "Tak Lon (Stephen) Wu" <ta...@apache.org>.
+1 and thanks for fixing it.

-Stephen

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.