Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/04/15 10:26:44 UTC

Git merge of README and RELEASE_NOTES

Hi,

Can someone go through the git steps required to merge the READ and RELEASE_NOTES files in the 4.9.1 branch into the current develop branch.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Git merge of README and RELEASE_NOTES

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Ok, tell me what files you want to merge, I'll do that tomorrow when I wake
up, it's too now here 4:10.

-Fred

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

I want to RELEASE_NOTE and README (from the develop and release branches) into the develop branch.

But it's more about getting the process documented so we can actually make a release at some point. We want to make it as simple as possible for anyone who wants to put up there hand as a release manager.

We will need to also merge the whole release branch into develop at a future point ie after the next release.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
and I just noticed as well, to check the diff on RELEASE_NOTES, use: git
diff origin/release4.9 RELEASE_NOTES

#

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
ok, so, you need to go by an intermediary branch as git merge or rebase only
commits

>From your clean develop branch:

git checkout -b temp
git checkout origin/release4.9 RELEASE_NOTES <FILE2> <FILEX>
git add -u
git commit -m "Merge RELEASE_NOTES, etc.. from release4.9 branch"
git checkout develop
git rebase temp
git mergeTool RELEASE_NOTES
git rebase --continue
git mergeTool <FILE2>
git rebase --continue
git mergeTool <FILEX>
git rebase --continue
git branch -d temp
git push

> git checkout origin/release4.9 RELEASE_NOTES <FILE2> <FILEX>

That just replaces the current RELEASE_NOTES file with the 4.9 one. What do
you need to do to merge the changes on both files together?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.