Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by Günther Schmidt <gu...@kmmd.de> on 2014/03/02 21:30:48 UTC

$filter=startsWith - Not yet implemented?

Hi Dave,

thanks for the welcome. So here we go:

Currently I'm using Olingo with JPA/Hibernate and MySQL/JDBC. When I did
a "startsWith" query the server responded with an "Not Implemented"
error. Was that due to me using Hibernate instead of Eclipselink as the
persistence provider or is it actually not yet implemented? The same
query using "substringOf" works just fine.

I assume that with a JPA backend the query has to be translated into
JPQL at some point, and indeed that might be actually more difficult
with a "startsWith" than a "substringOf".

 From the web page I could not tell which parts of the OData standard
V2.0 are implemented and which once may be missing.

I realize that the project is still in "incubation", are there any
guidelines for early adopters such as myself?

Günther

RE: $filter=startsWith - Not yet implemented?

Posted by "V.A, Chandan" <ch...@sap.com>.
Hello Gunther,
The OData method "startsWith" is currently not supported with OData2-JPA processor. In case this needs to be implemented as a new feature please do report an issue here (along with other functions if needed) - [1]

I have created an issue [2] with respect to your requirement to have a page explaining the list of supported features from OData2 JPA processor.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-188

Thanks,
Kind Regards
Chandan VA

Currently I'm using Olingo with JPA/Hibernate and MySQL/JDBC. When I did
a "startsWith" query the server responded with an "Not Implemented"
error. Was that due to me using Hibernate instead of Eclipselink as the
persistence provider or is it actually not yet implemented? The same
query using "substringOf" works just fine.

I assume that with a JPA backend the query has to be translated into
JPQL at some point, and indeed that might be actually more difficult
with a "startsWith" than a "substringOf".

 From the web page I could not tell which parts of the OData standard

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Olingo Devs,

Note that Günther's question has been moderated into the list. Please make the effort to include his email in any reply.

Dave