Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 23:19:46 UTC

Fwd: FW:

This is my most common error as well.  Is it possible to check this when
creating a plan/parsing a script?  Does the availability of mkdir mess this
up?

Russ

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:16:30 -0700
To: Russell Jurney <rj...@linkedin.com>

I've realized that the most common mistake I make in pig scripts is to try
to write a file to a non-existent directory (i.e. "/usr/me/something"
instead of "/user/me/something")

-- Joe

------ End of Forwarded Message

Re: FW:

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
It does -- lack of existence of a directory during planning does not imply
the directory will be missing when you run.

Sounds like the sort of thing one might want to put into PigUnit