Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 15:41:49 UTC

Re: Error when adding products to catagories

David,

I hate to keep bothering, and I'm obviously in no rush, but if you have the
time, could you take a quick look at the entityengine.xml that I have pasted
below and let me know if it looks legitimate. ?

I suppose in the mean time, I'll have to to start commenting some components
out of the component-load in the special purpose directory, maybe it's one
of those that isn't configured correctly?

<connection-factory class="org.ofbiz.entity.connection

> .DBCPConnectionFactory"/>
>
>     <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
> entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
> distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
>         <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localmysql"/>
>     </delegator>
>     <delegator name="default-no-eca" entity-model-reader="main"
> entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
> entity-eca-enabled="false" distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
>         <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localmysql"/>
>     </delegator>
>
>     <delegator name="test" entity-model-reader="main"
> entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main">
>         <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localmysql"/>
>     </delegator>
>     <delegator name="other" entity-model-reader="main"
> entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main">
>         <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localmysql"/>

Thanks!

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
I see I see.

Well I added the olap piece and I still get

The Following Errors Occurred:

Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Service
invocation error (Could not commit transaction for service [createProduct]
call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction, was rolled back instead
because of: Error in simple-method [
[file:/home/bstrickland/svnWS/ofbizdemo/specialpurpose/bi/script/org/ofbiz/bi/DimensionServices.xml#prepareProductDimensionData]]:
Error running the simple-method: Error in simple-method operation []:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type id-ne not found
null)

Only when creating a new product.

I got a few stack traces when I started ofbiz as well, but I think that
probably something residual from adding in the olap piece, only because I
wasn't getting stack traces before.  I'll see if I can sift through them...
Maybe they hold my answer?

Minus the SQL error that ofbiz gives me on the screen where I try to create
the product, there aren't any other logs that I could check is there.  ( I
realize that's a horrible question, and that I should know, if I've been
working with the software at all, but I've never been one for log diving.
Unless the software isn't working quite right......like now :P

Thanks for all the continued help!

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
AHHHH Gentlemen, you were right!

Sorry, I added in the olap piece to the wrong section because I was rushing
in my excitement!

Thanks a bunch!  Now I can populate some products!

Out of my shear curiosity, why would something that's just a prototype be
required to input products?  Not that I'm complaining! I can only hope that
I soon understand the software enough to actually aid in development by
assisting with new builds and whatnot.  Not by programming though..... that
would be an ugly...ugly site ;P

Thanks again!

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Branden Strickland <

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
will do!