Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Mirko Signoretto <mi...@intesys.it> on 2014/03/27 18:55:07 UTC

Managing AD primary group

Hello,

I have a problem managing the AD primary group. I have mapped for the AD resource connector the "ldapgroups" attribute and I'm able to provision group memberships correctly in AD.
The default AD primary group is "Domain Users".
But if I change the user primary group directly in AD, setting as primary group a Syncope provisioned group, I obtain a propagation error.

18:42:15.717 DEBUG org.identityconnectors.framework.api.operations.UpdateApiOp.update Exception:
org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.ConnectorException: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: [LDAP: error code 68 - 00000528: UpdErr: DSID-031A0F4F, problem 6005 (ENTRY_EXISTS), data 0
]; remaining name 'CN=SyncopeUsers,OU=Syncope,OU=Groups,dc=wip,dc=lab'

How Syncope AD connector treat the primary group? It seems that I cannot overwrite the primary group.

I'm using Syncope 1.1.3 and AD 1.2 connector.

Thanks, Mirko

R: Managing AD primary group

Posted by Mirko Signoretto <mi...@intesys.it>.
OK. Thank's Fabio.

Il 27/03/2014 18:55, Mirko Signoretto ha scritto:
[...]

Hi Mirko, it seems that  currently AD (JNDI) Connector doesn't take care of user primary groups.
I do think that this is an AD connector bug to be fixed asap: just opened issue AD-29  [1].

Thank you for your contribution.

Best regards,
F.

[1] https://connid.atlassian.net/browse/AD-29