Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/10 21:18:33 UTC

Documentation status

So ... what's the status on the documentation system?  I'll probably
be hitting it pretty hard when I'm travelling at the end of august;
I'd like to think that it was ready to go.

My view of the effort is that as content moves into the CWiki, we can
start removing it from the Maven-generated site.  Ultimately, the
tapestry.apache.org home page will link to the CWiki, and the CWiki
will link to the stripped-down Maven pages (for people interested in
reports and the Component Reference).

I know that CC started up a Wave to discuss this ... but Wave is dead,
didn't ya hear?  Actually, I just haven't been tracking it very well,
and for some of these bigger discussions, I feel we need to discuss it
here, not in the Wave.  Apache -- all the dirty laundry out for all to
see.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Documentation status

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yes Wave is dead ... This is maybe a chance for Wooki =)

Anyway, my objective was to build a 'Reference Guide' plan built on existing
material and putting the glue in one single place

I have put the content on cwiki, this is a simple draft and of course
comments and contributions are welcome

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Tapestry+Reference+Guide+Plan+%28Draft%29

2010/8/10 Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>

> So ... what's the status on the documentation system?  I'll probably
> be hitting it pretty hard when I'm travelling at the end of august;
> I'd like to think that it was ready to go.
>
> My view of the effort is that as content moves into the CWiki, we can
> start removing it from the Maven-generated site.  Ultimately, the
> tapestry.apache.org home page will link to the CWiki, and the CWiki
> will link to the stripped-down Maven pages (for people interested in
> reports and the Component Reference).
>
> I know that CC started up a Wave to discuss this ... but Wave is dead,
> didn't ya hear?  Actually, I just haven't been tracking it very well,
> and for some of these bigger discussions, I feel we need to discuss it
> here, not in the Wave.  Apache -- all the dirty laundry out for all to
> see.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry