Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2007/06/01 08:09:46 UTC

[Axis2] Adding Addressing handlers into axis2.xml

Hi all,

I know what I an going to tell is a crazy idea , but I analyzed this
well before posting to the list.

As you all know addressing module is a key part of axis2 and no one can
use asynchronous web services without addressing. For me its same as no
one can use Axis2 without dispatchers. We are telling users if they want
asynchronous support or soap session support to engage the addressing
module and do the invocation.

In the meantime reliable messaging , security (not always ) can not work
without addressing , therefore I think keeping addressing as a module we
do not gain anything than giving hard time to users. So why dont we
integrate addressing into axis2.xml and give addressing support out of
the box.

As I mentioned earlier for me integrating addressing into axis2 to core
is same as keeping dispatchers in the core. So lets remove addressing
module and add those handlers into axis2.xml , if we do so we can solve
a number of user issues as well (the issues they are getting at the
client side).

What do you think abt my suggestion , I am +1 on removing addressing
module and add those handlers into axis2.xml.

P.S :- we can have a switch to turn on and turn off addressing.

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [Axis2] Adding Addressing handlers into axis2.xml

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

A big +1 for David. I fought to keep them separate from day one and
still continue to do so :).

Do you want to send addressing headers when it is not required? When you
are doing synchronous operations, which I think most people are doing,
you can do it without addressing.
As David also have mentioned, let's bundle addressing with Axis2, but
let's not engage it by default.

I hope this is not another idea came in another ApacheCon ;)

Chinthaka

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 for keeping the addressing module as it is.
This way people can easily remove/add addressing if they want.

However I am +1 for adding addressing by default in the axis2.xml.
If people don't like all they need is to comment it, however someone can
argue the otherway around too, by saying easy to uncomment :).
But I would prefer to engage by default in the axis2.xml.

regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat.

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.