Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Niklas Ekman <Ni...@citat.se> on 2003/10/27 19:56:46 UTC

Tapestry for PHP?

Hello everyone!

I've been using Tapestry for a while now and it is the BEST framework for building web applications. Unfortunatelly, in my next project I'm limited to PHP. So my question is, is there a Tapestry like framework for PHP?

regards,

Niklas Ekman

Re: Tapestry for PHP?

Posted by ea...@gmx.de.
No, but at least you can use template files, if you want to keep it tidy.

The advantage of php is, that you find lots of web applications as open
source you or just useful classes you can pick and recycle in your own
applications.

It sounds funny - as if tapestry existed for such a long time ;-)

RE: Tapestry for PHP?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ba...@ngi.it>.
> I've been using Tapestry for a while now and it is the BEST
> framework for building web applications. Unfortunatelly, in
> my next project I'm limited to PHP. So my question is, is
> there a Tapestry like framework for PHP?

I think there is no complete framework in php similar to Tapestry.
You can find projects that handle templating like Tapestry (Attribute
Oriented Templating).
I know PHPTAL (http://phptal.sourceforge.net/) that is a PHP porting of the
ZOPE Template System (ZTS?) and using a similar way to handle "wysiwyg
editors" friendly templates.

Here you can find links to other Template Engine for PHP:
http://wact.sourceforge.net/index.php/PhpTemplateEngines

It would be cool to have a php port of tapestry or at least something in the
same guidelines but in the PHP world there are less OO developers!

-b-