Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mysurf Mail <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/31 17:03:54 UTC

installing & configuring solr over ms sql server - tutorial needed

I am trying to config solr over ms sql server.
I found only this tutorial
<http://www.chrisumbel.com/article/lucene_solr_sql_server>whih
is a bit old (2011)
Is there an updated  / formal tutorial?

Re: installing & configuring solr over ms sql server - tutorial needed

Posted by Diaconescu Stefan Andrei <di...@gmail.com>.
I think that the main idea is that, as mentioned before, you first have
install andrun SOLR;
For this use the official tutorial, it is simple and it works, i used it a
few months ago. Use also the examples, they are good to get an initial idea
about solr.
Then you setup sqlserver.
Then you have to take data from sqlserver and into solr, operation called
import.
For this you can either use the standard import, as explained in the
official documentation(or the tutorial you mentioned),
or you can import by running a program you write that simply posts to solr
bits of sql files , which contain info from mysql server, and which will
become documents into solr; the xml structure is also explained in the
official docs.
hope this helps.

Posted by Mysurf Mail <st...@gmail.com>.
btw: The other stages still refer to location relative to tomcat

Posted by Mysurf Mail <st...@gmail.com>.
My problem was with sql server.
This <http://danpincas.com/2013/03/03/searching-with-solr-part-1.html> is a
great "step by step"

Posted by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mysurf Mail <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I am still having a problem with this
<http://www.chrisumbel.com/article/lucene_solr_sql_server>tutorial trying
to get solr on tomcat.
in step 4 when I copy apache-solr-1.4.0\example\solr to my tomcat dir I get
a folder with bin and collection1 folder.
Do I need them?
should I create conf under solr or under collection1?
I dont have any solrconfig or schema files under solr. only under
collection1.

Posted by Mysurf Mail <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mysurf Mail <st...@gmail.com>.