Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Cole, Larry" <la...@hp.com> on 2003/08/04 18:31:56 UTC

Manage .o files ?

Subversion doesn't seem to import relocatable objects files (ie  file.o) as binary files - it appears to just ignore them.

Is there a way to change this behavior, so they can be treated like any other binary file ?

Larry Cole, CISSP
email:   larry.cole@hp.com

Re: Manage .o files ?

Posted by Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>.
On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 01:31:56PM -0500, Cole, Larry wrote:

> Subversion doesn't seem to import relocatable objects files (ie
> file.o) as binary files - it appears to just ignore them.
>
> Is there a way to change this behavior, so they can be treated like
> any other binary file ?

Since nobody else has mentioned this yet, check your global ignores in
your .subversion/config file (or the equivalent on Windows or the
registry etc.)

The value of global-ignores, byt default, is:
*.o *.lo *.la #*# .*.rej *.rej .*~ *~ .#*

--
Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>

Re: Manage .o files ?

Posted by Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net>.
At 1:31 PM -0500 8/4/03, Cole, Larry wrote:
>Subversion doesn't seem to import relocatable objects files (ie
>file.o) as binary files - it appears to just ignore them.
>
>Is there a way to change this behavior, so they can be treated like
>any other binary file ?

If I'm understanding you correctly, then you can import a .o by
naming it explicitly in the command line.  So, rather than "svn
import dir URL" (and allowing it to recurse to your .o), do "svn
import dir/foo.0 URL".
--
-==-
Jack Repenning