Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Laxmilal Menaria <lm...@chambal.com> on 2007/09/07 14:40:50 UTC

Indexing Speed using Lucene 2.2

Hello everyone,

I have indexed a mysql database using Lucene2.0. It was taking less than 2
minutes for 14000 records. Then I indexed the same data using Lucene2.2. It
took about 4 minutes. I got affected indexing speed on using Lucene2.2. The
indexing code is same. I just updated the lucenejar.

What can be done to improve the indexing speed. Please let me know asap...

--
Thanks in advance,
Laxmilal menaria

http://www.chambal.net/

Re: Indexing Speed using Lucene 2.2

Posted by Laxmilal Menaria <lm...@chambal.com>.
Have tested both Java Lucene 2.0 and Lucene.Net 2.0, but now
Lucene.Net 2.1in development.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Laxmilal Menaria <lm...@chambal.com>.
I have just commented the Index writer method and check the performance, it
shows me appx 10 sec. to process all rows. and againg uncommented that its
show 4 minutes.

Posted by Chris Lu <ch...@gmail.com>.