Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com> on 2004/06/03 23:52:24 UTC

RegistryAccessController & GroupRole

Now that this has changed form 1.4 to 1.5, I am a bit confused on how to
structure my security.xreg file.

Since we now use GroupRole, how would I declare my access tag for a security
entry?

Originally I could say:

        <access action="*">
            <allow-if role="Developer"/>
        </access>

Well if I have a group called FedEx how do I establish my group in the tag
above?

Just using role does not allow me to have access to the portlet.

This statement always return false:
securityEntry.allowsGroupRole(groupname, rolename, action)

BTW, it works fine when I add a particular user in the security.xreg

Maybe I should uncomment that code in the RegistryAccessController?

RE: RegistryAccessController & GroupRole

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
If you don't specify group in the security ref definition, it defaults to
"Jetspeed". So in your case, the definition should be:

         <access action="*">
             <allow-if role="Developer" group="FedEx"/>
         </access>

Then enroll your users in FedEx with role Developer.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com