Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kylie McCormick <ky...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/19 03:20:49 UTC

Hadoop with Axis

Hello Again:
I'm currently running Hadoop with various Client  objects in the Map phase.
A given Axis services provides the class of the Client to be used in this
situation, which runs the call over the wire to the provided URL and
translates the objects returned into Writable objects.

When I use the code without Hadoop, it runs just fine--objects are returned
from over the wire. When I run the code inside of Hadoop's structure, I am
getting null objects within the return type (although the return type itself
is not null) from the service. This is literally the same code.

Do you think this is a time-thing, where the connection is taking too long
so Hadoop kills it? It's only a few seconds, but I thought I should ask. Are
there other things I should be looking into?

Thanks,
Kylie

--
The Circle of the Dragon -- unlock the mystery that is the dragon.
http://www.blackdrago.com/index.html

"Light, seeking light, doth the light of light beguile!"
-- William Shakespeare's Love's Labor's Lost