Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/04 17:49:54 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] - Moving towards Camel 2.11 release

Hi

So Apache Karaf 2.3.1 is now released.

I have migrated Camel trunk code to use Karaf 2.3.1, and also aligned
to use same version of Aries Blueprint as in Karaf 2.3.1.

There were some OSGi tests that failed and I logged a ticket for that.
We should take a look at those failures to see what they are about.

Also it would be great if there is a new SMX bundle release, as some
of the new Camel components require these new bundles to work in OSGi.
Jean how does these releases is on vacation this week. Maybe we can
get someone else from SMX team to cut and release the bundles?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] - Moving towards Camel 2.11 release

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
amqp is failing for me. Will look into it this afternoon.
Hadrian

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Okay I fixed a few issues with the Karaf features so they all now work
> and the camel-itest-karaf all passes on linux and windows as well.
>
> The actual OSGi tests in camel-itest-osgi is currently being tested on
> my Windows XP box.

Okay all the OSGi tests passes now on Windows. There was a xslt bug in
camel-core when using Windows.
That is now fixed, so the tests passes.

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Christian Müller
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still have two issues I would like to fix:
> CAMEL-6121
> CAMEL-5979
>
> After coming back from my vacation, I have now some time to work on it.
> So, when did you plan to cut a release? Do you plan to be the release
> manager (otherwise I could do it at the next weekend)?

Well we cut a release when we think its ready for that.

What we should focus on now is to close down those last tickets, and
fix the tests reported by CI servers et all.

I just ran a full test (no OSGi) on Windows XP with Java 7, and the
only problem I found so far was
- camel-xmpp doesnt test on windows due the new roboust re-connect
logic causing problems when testing on windows.
- a cxf-blueprint test used hardcoded port numbers which causes
"connection refused" problems.

I will run the OSGi tests now, to see how they go.

> Best,
> Christian
>
> P.S. Can start a build over night on my Windows 8 box (virtual
> environment)...
>

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> So we are good on the OSGi front. The features file has been upgraded
>> with the latest OSGi bundle release from the SMX team. Only
>> camel-neo4j is not possible to install, and has been disabled.
>>
>> There is 22 unresolved tickets for Camel 2.11
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved
>>
>> We should start getting those resolved. If you do not have time to
>> work on your tickets, then you can move them to 2.11.1. If its really
>> important to get in 2.11.0 and you do not have the time, then shout
>> here on the mailing list, and we can see what we can do.
>>
>> And if there is any errors on the CI servers then we should work on
>> fixing those as well. Though I think we are in pretty good shape there
>> as well.
>>
>> Anyone with a Windows box is much welcome to give the source code a
>> test run there as well.
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> Red Hat, Inc.