Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by lohit <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/28 19:06:37 UTC

Running MapReduce jobs against HBase

Hi,

As of 0.90.x if one has to use mapreduce jobs packed with hbase jar, they
will have to setup HADOOP_CLASSPATH using the method described here (hbase
claspath command)
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/package-summary.html#package_description

Is this common practice among users? Are there any alternative people have
thought about and could share their experience.

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Re: Running MapReduce jobs against HBase

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM, lohit <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Stack. So, it looks like this is norm.
> Reason I asked is, the only config needed (I think) is ZooKeeper
> quorum/port. And did anyone put that in hadoop-site.xml and worked for them.
> (Although I agree it is ugly)

You mean build the conf dir into the job jar?  That should work.
St.Ack

Re: Running MapReduce jobs against HBase

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
What you looking for Lohit?