Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2003/03/12 17:07:03 UTC

Re: [RT] Cocoon's own publishing system (removing "build docs"?)

Hi Stefano,

+1 on your proposal, just two comments below:

> ...4) the staging server will regenerate results automatically...

It would be good to be able to know when/if this has happened when
working on docs.
Either a web page on the staging site with a report of what was done,
logs, or something similar would be useful.

> From a usability point of view we gain:
> - the site update frequency will hopefully improve, thus improving our
> quality of service.

I think this might also allow us to remove "build docs" and create docs
exclusively through Forrest.

IMHO having to maintain the docs so that they can be generated both
with Forrest and with Cocoon standalone would be a pain, so we might
want to forget about the standalone generation mode, to make docs
maintenance easier.

-Bertrand