Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sangeetha Sankaran <aq...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/31 14:26:08 UTC

Making svn update/checkout ignore umask

Hi,

It seems that SVN is honouring the umask when updating files.  This means if
the user has a umask set and updates files in some public firm wide
directory, those files will now have a more restrictive permission setting.
We did not have this issue with CVS because it uses the repository file/dir
permissions

Is there some way to configure SVN so that the user's umask is not applied
when updating files? Can't we specify that files always have repository
permissions irrespective of umask settings.

Thanks,
Sangeetha

RE: Subversion & Samba

Posted by "DeMarco, Alex" <Al...@suny.edu>.
DOH!  thanks Andy!

________________________________

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 18:27, DeMarco, Alex <Al...@suny.edu> wrote:
> Whoops we are using 1.4 does that still apply?

Can't hurt. I think the specific bug in Samba wasn't exposed until SVN
1.5 though.

RE: Subversion & Samba

Posted by "DeMarco, Alex" <Al...@suny.edu>.
Whoops we are using 1.4 does that still apply?

- Alex

Re: Subversion & Samba

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Subversion & Samba