Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Lennart Schedin <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/06 12:47:30 UTC

Guide to IvyDE development in Eclipse?

Hi,

I'm a Java developer but I have no experience with Eclipse plugin
development. I found a bug in IvyDE and I would like to contribute (or
at least point in the direction to the error in the code).

Is there a guide on how to develop IvyDE? I have checked out the code
and I would now like to perform the following steps:
1. Build the source code inside Eclipse
2. Launch and debug the plugin in a new Eclipse window
3. Write a test case and run that before and after I change the main code.

regards,

Lennart

Re: Guide to IvyDE development in Eclipse?

Posted by Jon Schneider <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lennart,

1.  IvyDE should build out of the gate when you download the source.  Are
you seeing errors?
2.  Debug As -> Eclipse Application.  Accepting the default launch
configuration will enable plugins associated with any plugin projects in the
workspace.
3.  Unsure what you are unsure about here...

Jon