Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/05 08:17:45 UTC

Reading SPARK 3.1.x generated parquet in SPARK 2.4.x

Hi,

we are trying to migrate some of the data lake pipelines to run in SPARK
3.x, where as the dependent pipelines using those tables will be still
running in SPARK 2.4.x for sometime to come.

Does anyone know of any issues that can happen:
1. when reading Parquet files written in 3.1.x in SPARK 2.4
2. when in the data lake some partitions have parquet files written in
SPARK 2.4.x and some are in SPARK 3.1.x.

Please note that there are no changes in schema, but later on we might end
up adding or removing some columns.

I will be really grateful for your kind help on this.

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta

Re: [EXTERNAL] [Marketing Mail] Reading SPARK 3.1.x generated parquet in SPARK 2.4.x

Posted by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saurabh,

a very big note of thanks from Gourav :)

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta

Posted by Saurabh Gulati <sa...@fedex.com.INVALID>.