Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Reto Kaiser <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/06 20:05:25 UTC

[users@httpd] RewriteRule and matching URI with *before* rewriting

Hi,

I'm using the Zend PHP Framework with Apache 2. The ZF uses a
bootstrap file, so all requests are rewritten to index.php:
 RewriteRule .* index.php

Now I'd like to serve CSS and JS resources dynamically with the
index.php. So a request to "/resource/css/test.css" should deliver a
CSS file (echo'ed by index.php). This works fine.
But since this is static information, I'd like to let the client cache it.

Before serving those files dynamically with php, I had another
subdomain, which had the following options in the apache-config:
 ExpiresActive on
 ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 day"

To add those options again to all requests to URIs under "/resource/"
I somehow have to match them. I tried it with the Location-Directive:
 <Location /resource/>

But this does not work. I guess it's because the rewriting happens
before the matching. When I use "<Location index.php>" it works... But
that way I cannot separate the "/resource/"-requests from the rest.

I also tried to rearrange the config-block for the rewriting and the
matching of the "/resource"-requests. Nothing seems to work.
Does someone has an idea what could work?

Sincerely,
 Reto