Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by Deepak Bhole <db...@redhat.com> on 2006/01/17 16:40:29 UTC

jUDDI decoupling changes in.

Hi All,

I have committed patch #1 (jUDDI dependency removal) into scout. Prior
to commit, I created a tag 'before_juddi_decoupling' in the repo.

What I changed:
- The jUDDI dependency removal.
- New tests added.
- Changed maven.xml to compile the uddi datatypes on the fly.

I didn't update the README, as I am still quite new to the project, and
someone with more knowledge about the project, it's goals, etc. would be
better off editing it IMO. Could someone please check it out? or if you
don't mind a novice making change to such a file, I can do it..

Since patch#2 is not as critical, and it will be in a branch, I am going
to get some other things off my plate before committing it (since I will
have to synch, re-test, etc.).

Cheers,
Deepak

Re: Explain IRegistry

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Deepak,
     thanks for the pointer.

  Given this, I am going to stabilize the trunk soon and add the missing async feature.

  Regards,
  Anil

Deepak Bhole <db...@redhat.com> wrote:  Hi Anil,

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 22:34 -0800, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Hi Deepak,
>    can you explain where the source code of uddiOrgApiV2.*** classes
> are?
>
> I am looking at IRegistry.java
>
> import uddiOrgApiV2.AssertionStatusReport;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.AuthToken;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BindingDetail;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BindingTemplate;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessDetail;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessEntity;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessList;
>
> Please can you add the source code of these uddi types to scout
> project and not the compiled classes as a library?  If there is a bug
> in the uddi types, how will we solve them?

There is no explicit source code for them. The source is generated and
compiled on the fly during build by xmlbeans.

> I also think that the package of the types should be
> org.apache.ws.scout.uddi  .  What do others think?

I have no objection to that. I just kept them separate because they were
all autogenerated, as thus not really (in a manner of speaking) a part
of scout.

> Can you zip up the source code for the generated types (uddiOrgApiV2)
> and send it to me.  I will incorporate it.

I can generate the code and send it, but as it is autogenerated, do you
still want it? You can ogenerate it as follows by the way:

java -cp

org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.SchemaCompiler -src

should go>

Deepak

---------------------------------

Re: Explain IRegistry

Posted by Deepak Bhole <db...@redhat.com>.
Hi Anil,

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 22:34 -0800, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Hi Deepak,
>    can you explain where the source code of uddiOrgApiV2.*** classes
> are?
>
> I am looking at IRegistry.java
>
> import uddiOrgApiV2.AssertionStatusReport;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.AuthToken;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BindingDetail;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BindingTemplate;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessDetail;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessEntity;
> import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessList;
>
> Please can you add the source code of these uddi types to scout
> project and not the compiled classes as a library?  If there is a bug
> in the uddi types, how will we solve them?

There is no explicit source code for them. The source is generated and
compiled on the fly during build by xmlbeans.

> I also think that the package of the types should be
> org.apache.ws.scout.uddi  .  What do others think?

I have no objection to that. I just kept them separate because they were
all autogenerated, as thus not really (in a manner of speaking) a part
of scout.

> Can you zip up the source code for the generated types (uddiOrgApiV2)
> and send it to me.  I will incorporate it.

I can generate the code and send it, but as it is autogenerated, do you
still want it? You can ogenerate it as follows by the way:

java -cp <path to xbean.jar>
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.SchemaCompiler -src <dir where source
should go> <the_uddi_xsd [in /etc of the project]>

Deepak

Re: Explain IRegistry

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>
>> Anil Saldhana wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Deepak,
>>>      can you explain where the source code of uddiOrgApiV2.*** classes
>>> are?
>>>     I am looking at IRegistry.java
>>>     import uddiOrgApiV2.AssertionStatusReport;
>>>   import uddiOrgApiV2.AuthToken;
>>>   import uddiOrgApiV2.BindingDetail;
>>>   import uddiOrgApiV2.BindingTemplate;
>>>   import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessDetail;
>>>   import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessEntity;
>>>   import uddiOrgApiV2.BusinessList;
>>>     Please can you add the source code of these uddi types to scout
>>> project  and not the compiled classes as a library?  If there is a bug
>>> in  the uddi types, how will we solve them?
>>>

>> +1
>
> -1 - if the code is generated then the thing they are generated from
> should be in the source tree and the generation should be done as a
> build step. Checking in generated source just leads to confusion.

It wasn't clear it was generated source.

Re: Explain IRegistry

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: Explain IRegistry

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Explain IRegistry

Re: jUDDI decoupling changes in.

Posted by Fernando Nasser <fn...@redhat.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> why does it have to be "1.0"?
>
> Why not we just do a release as is, update the version to 0.6, and go
> with that?

It can be 0.6, no problem.

I just said 1.0 because Anil said:

"We have to get the changes in and stabilize the trunk.  We have one
small item of providing async support before we roll out the 1.0 release."

So I thought we were about to start the 1.0 release steps (beta, rc etc.)

How can we do to get the async support in asap?

Regards to all,
Fernando

> (Or I can get off my kiester and get the last bit in there :)
>
> Fernando Nasser wrote:
>
>> ObejectWeb needs the Scout 1.0 with this changes to incorporate in
>> their J2EE AppServer, JOnAS.
>>
>> Anyone knows when 1.0 will be available?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fernando
>>

>> Deepak Bhole wrote:

>>> It's already done. That was the commit that I did on that day (The
>>> 17th). Whatever needed to go into the trunk from my side is in there
>>> now.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Deepak

Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario   M4P 2C9

Re: jUDDI decoupling changes in.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
why does it have to be "1.0"?

Posted by Fernando Nasser <fn...@redhat.com>.
Anil Saldhana wrote:
> For integration in an application server, the branch0.50 is  J2ee 1.4
> compliant.

They need the decoupled version.

Posted by Fernando Nasser <fn...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Deepak Bhole <db...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
passing the standalone TCK...

Posted by Deepak Bhole <db...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Deepak Bhole <db...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.

Deepak Bhole <db...@apache.org> wrote:  On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 14:30 -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Deepak Bhole wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have committed patch #1 (jUDDI dependency removal) into scout. Prior
> > to commit, I created a tag 'before_juddi_decoupling' in the repo.
> >

> I thought you were going to create these changes on a branch?
>
> geir

No, that was for patch #2 (ebXML support). The first patch for for
removing jUDDI dependency, which was scheduled to into the trunk.

Cheers,
Deepak

Re: jUDDI decoupling changes in.

Posted by Deepak Bhole <db...@apache.org>.