Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Datto <da...@laposte.net> on 2008/10/24 11:39:12 UTC

Disable CamelCase in the entire page

Hi All,

Is there an option to disable CamelCase in an entire page ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Datto

Re: Security question on SET

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> On the other hand, I've been so far unable to locate in the code where
> this takes place. There's the no-no list on what is permitted to be
> revealed (via 'get'), and I can find handleMetadata() in the parser
> (which seems to expand any variables via the VariableManager's
> expandVariables() method and then simply set them for the page, but I
> can't find any actual filter or filter list. If you can tell me where
> this happens I might be able to this week document it on the
> jspwiki.org site.

It happens whenever a class is instantiated which uses some of this
information.  For example, JSPWikiMarkupParser.initialize().

/Janne

Re: Security question on SET

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Janne Jalkanen wrote:
>> Has anyone does this already? Or is there an understanding that there
>> are no security issues here? (I'm thinking of things like permitting
>> HTML parsing for a single page, etc.  -- there might be others more
>> subtle.)
>
> In short: yes.  Only a subset of properties, deemed safe, are allowed to
> override the jspwiki.properties.  These aren't unfortunately really
> documented anywhere. :-/

Janne,

Thanks very much -- I had kinda thought that such an obvious security
hole wouldn't have been able to survive so many versions of the code,
so it's reassuring to know that there is a filter in place.

On the other hand, I've been so far unable to locate in the code where
this takes place. There's the no-no list on what is permitted to be
revealed (via 'get'), and I can find handleMetadata() in the parser
(which seems to expand any variables via the VariableManager's
expandVariables() method and then simply set them for the page, but I
can't find any actual filter or filter list. If you can tell me where
this happens I might be able to this week document it on the
jspwiki.org site.

Cheers,

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record

Re: Security question on SET

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Security question on SET

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
 From a message sent into jspwiki-users:
>> Is there an option to disable CamelCase in an entire page ?

Janne Jalkanen responded:
> Sure there is!
>
> For the whole wiki: put the following in the jspwiki.properties (make
> sure you only have one copy of the setting, though ;-).
>
> jspwiki.translatorReader.camelCaseLinks = false
>
> For a single page, put the following on the page:
>
> [{SET jspwiki.translatorReader.camelCaseLinks=false}]

After reading this message it occurred to me that if it is possible
to alter any of the wiki's property settings via a SET command, we
might want to systematically go through the set of properties and
determine if there are any security or wiki-wide functionality issues
(which of course makes them related to security) that we might want
to either flag and/or prohibit from being set by users.

Re: Disable CamelCase in the entire page

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@iki.fi>.