Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/11 14:40:51 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-196: Add metrics to Kafka Connect framework

I'd like to start the vote on KIP-196 to add metrics to the Kafka Connect
framework so the worker processes can be measured. Details are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-196%3A+Add+metrics+to+Kafka+Connect+framework

Thanks, and best regards.

Randall

Re: [VOTE] KIP-196: Add metrics to Kafka Connect framework

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
On the advice of Ismael, I made a few minor changes to a few of the metrics
to adhere to the new pattern of `-rate` and `-total` metric pairs defined
in KIP-187 [1]:

1. Several of the "-rate" metrics were paired with a "-count" metric; the
"-count" metrics were renamed to "-total".
2. Two "-rate" metrics were missing a count total metric, so a "-total"
metric was added.

Please respond if you have any concerns or objections to this minor change.

Best regards,

Randall

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-187+-+Add+cumulative+count+metric+for+all+Kafka+rate+metrics