Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com> on 2003/06/13 18:21:20 UTC

clink.external problem

We are having a problem with images not loading when we refresh our portal.

The error seems to be that the base href tag in default.vm, which is
'$clink.external' is returning a reference to our top logo
(http://localhost/jetspeed/images/top.gif) rather than
http://localhost/jetspeed/.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Where is the $clink.external being set?

Thanks

Bob Fleischman

RE: clink.external problem

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
Actually if you do a search for clink in the jetspeed directory you find
quite a few references to it.

Is there a document explaining the conversion from clink to jslink?

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 09:21  AM, Bob Fleischman wrote:

> We are having a problem with images not loading when we refresh our
> portal.
>
> The error seems to be that the base href tag in default.vm, which is
> '$clink.external' is returning a reference to our top logo
> (http://localhost/jetspeed/images/top.gif) rather than
> http://localhost/jetspeed/.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> Where is the $clink.external being set?

I thought $clink was deprecated
Recommend using $jslink
Or is this a link directly from the Jetspeed source code?

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: clink.external problem

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 02:52  PM, Bob Fleischman wrote:

> Sorry, I responded before I got your response.
>
> I'm still trying to figure out why our clink.external got corrupted.
> I've
> searched for any sort of documentation on clink and come up empty
> handed.

$clink is implemented in
org.apache.jetspeed.util.template.ContentTemplateLink
Its basically just a Turbine Dynamic URI

Take a look at the getAbsolute method and see if something is going
wrong there

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

RE: clink.external problem

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
Sorry, I responded before I got your response.

I'm still trying to figure out why our clink.external got corrupted. I've
searched for any sort of documentation on clink and come up empty handed.

Bob

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

RE: clink.external problem

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
The content.vm, default.vm and preview.vm files (in
templates\layouts\vm\html) contain

    <base href="$clink.External" />
    <link
href="$clink.setURI($config.getString("site.stylesheet")).Absolute"
type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

What should we be using to replace clink.external?

Thanks for the feedback

Bob

Re: clink.external problem

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.