Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Robert Stagner <re...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/07 19:55:26 UTC

Null value in report file name for surefire plugin

I hope someone within the list can either guide me to the answer I'm
looking for or help me identify what I'm doing incorrectly.

I'm using the surefire-plugin (v2.21.0).  I have setup a maven profile to
run my tests in parallel.  Here is my configuration

<plugin>
    <version>${surefire.plugin.version}</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>smoke-acceptance-tests</id>
            <goals>
                <goal>test</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
                <!-- this MUST be set to 'true' in order to support
cucumber reports -->
                <!--<testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>-->
                <!--<skipITs>false</skipITs>-->
                <!--<forkCount>12</forkCount>-->
                <!--<reuseForks>false</reuseForks>-->
                <parallel>classes</parallel>
                <threadCount>25</threadCount>
                <perCoreThreadCount>false</perCoreThreadCount>
                <redirectTestOutputToFile>true</redirectTestOutputToFile>
                <argLine>-Duser.language=en</argLine>
                <argLine>-Xmx3g</argLine>
                <argLine>-Xms2g</argLine>
                <argLine>-XX:MaxPermSize=512m</argLine>
                <argLine>-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8</argLine>
                <argLine>-Dcucumber.options="--tags @smoke"</argLine>
                <includes>
                    <include>**/ParallelRunner*.class</include>
                </includes>
            </configuration>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>

Note, that I've included the redirectTestOutputToFile tag. When I run the
tests a file is
created under the surefire-reports directory.  However, the name of the
file is null-output.txt

How can I get surefire to not use 'null' in the file's name?