Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nick Gearls <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/12 16:31:31 UTC

Certificate chain order not conform to TLS standard

Hello,

I get problems with a picky SSL client complaining that Apache does not
send the certificate chain in the right order (server/CA/root).
Is that possible? Doesn't Apache (I am using 2.2.4) honor the RFC?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: Certificate chain order not conform to TLS standard

Posted by Peter Sylvester <pe...@edelweb.fr>.

>> Right, but as far as I remember there are some picky SSL clients that
>> puke if it is present. I am not saying that the behaviour of these clients
>> is correct. Thus I said don't put it in :-)

ok. something that could be said in a FAQ?

RE: Certificate chain order not conform to TLS standard

Posted by "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ru...@vodafone.com>.

Posted by Peter Sylvester <pe...@edelweb.fr>.
Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:

> [...]

/P

RE: Certificate chain order not conform to TLS standard

Posted by "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ru...@vodafone.com>.

Posted by Nick Gearls <ni...@gmail.com>.
I tried both order:

Posted by "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ru...@vodafone.com>.