Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Greg Pendergrass <gr...@band-x.com> on 2002/11/01 23:00:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Error message explanation

I get the message:
[error] (2)No such file or directory: access to /cgi-bin/rrd/routers.cgi
failed for X.X.X.X, reason: User not known to the underlying authentication
module

I have an .htaccess file in the correct directory:
order deny,allow
deny from all
AuthType basic
AuthName "rrd/bin Tools Directory"
AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/htpasswd.users
require user foo bar
Satisfy any

The htpasswd.users file is accessable to everyone.

For some reason this doesn't work. If I put in require valid-user then users
in /etc/passwd can log into the server, but that's not what I'm trying to
accomplish.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg Pendergrass