Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alberto Squassabia <as...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/24 17:20:23 UTC

undefined symbol apr_file_mtime_set

Rookie question, probably.  Bear with me, please.

I'm a newcome to subversion, in the process of
installing a subversion server on apache2/SuSE 9.0.
I have total control on the server, so I can do
what I please, but it does not mean it works . . ..

as I try to load mod_dav_svn.so, I get the error

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so into
server: /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol:
apr_file_mtime_set

the apache portability runtime is installed alright:

# locate libapr
/usr/lib/libapr-0.a
/usr/lib/libapr-0.la
/usr/lib/libapr-0.so
/usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0
/usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0.9.4
/usr/lib/libapr.so.0
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.a
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.la
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0.9.4
/usr/lib/libaprutil.so.0

this is for apache 2.0.47.

So, apr_file_mtime_set is not in the apr.  Am I the
first one to run into this?  I hope not to have to
rebuild apache to fix this lack-of-symbol glitch.
I may perhaps recompile subversion, that I installed
from the SuSE9.0 RMP advertised on svn download.

Here's my question: how do I fix it in the simplest
way, still using apache 2 as the server?

Much gratitude for an answer.

Alberto
alberto_s at yahoo dot com

Re: undefined symbol apr_file_mtime_set

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 12:20, Alberto Squassabia wrote:
> Rookie question, probably.  Bear with me, please.
>
> I'm a newcome to subversion, in the process of
> installing a subversion server on apache2/SuSE 9.0.
> I have total control on the server, so I can do
> what I please, but it does not mean it works . . ..
>
> as I try to load mod_dav_svn.so, I get the error
>
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so into
> server: /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol:
> apr_file_mtime_set

I'm assuming that you're using a 1.0 version of Subversion?

The function 'apr_file_mtime_set' was added to APR a very long time
ago.  I think you're using an apache that's too old for Subversion.
Subversion has required at least apr-0.9.5 (which ships with
httpd-2.0.48) ever since last november (svn 0.33, which was
pre-alpha!).  So httpd-2.0.47/apr-0.9.4 isn't going to work.