Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 10:40:43 UTC

Quetions per plugin based farming.

Hello,

I'm trying to use the guide in
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/plugin-based-farming.html  to setup
a plugin based farming.  I have a couple of questions:

1, In Farm controller setup section. There's a instruction to get the
controller assemblies.

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/djencks/assemblies

I found that there's nothing in the svn path above.

2, I found the source code of the controller in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/failover/

and I can build it locally to get the controller assemblies. My
question is that when will this part of code be merged into the trunk
code ?
Will they become a part of geronimo 2.2 when geronimo 2.2 is released ?

For me, if they are not a part of 2.2 release, it's not a good place
to put them into a guide under http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/, any
comments ?
--
Shawn

Re: Quetions per plugin based farming.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 16, 2009, at 1:40 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the guide in
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/plugin-based-farming.html  to setup
> a plugin based farming.  I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1, In Farm controller setup section. There's a instruction to get the
> controller assemblies.
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/djencks/assemblies
>
> I found that there's nothing in the svn path above.
>

> 2, I found the source code of the controller in
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/failover/
>
> and I can build it locally to get the controller assemblies. My
> question is that when will this part of code be merged into the trunk
> code ?
> Will they become a part of geronimo 2.2 when geronimo 2.2 is
> released ?
>
> For me, if they are not a part of 2.2 release, it's not a good place
> to put them into a guide under http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/, any
> comments ?

The code is really an example of one way to set up a controller.  We
might put it in samples but not in trunk. I set up an alternate
controller configuration for my apachecon talk.... dunno if both
should be samples?

david jencks