Posted to watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Davidson, Misha" <MD...@silverstream.com> on 2000/07/19 17:19:46 UTC

missing lifeCycle tag / extreneous test ?

Hi,

I ran into another problem while compiling JSPs. I am not sure about the
right fix,
but it looks like the lifeCycle tag is not defined while the tests are
trying to use it.
Here's the deal:

Look in
        /jsp/tagext/BodyTagSupport/positiveLifeCycle.jsp
the text of the JSP says:
<%@ taglib uri=" http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib
<http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib> " prefix="eg" %>
<eg:lifeCycle toBrowser="true" ...>

web.xml contained in the WAR maps taglib-uri
http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-
<http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib>  taglib
<http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib>
onto
        /WEB-INF/classes/jsp/example-taglib.tld

This TLD contains the definitions of the following 2 tags:
        test
        page
there is no definition of the
        lifeCycle
tag anywhere... The other TLD (TestLib.tld) containd in the
WAR does not have a lifecycle tag definition either...

Does it need to be added to the TLD? What are the classes that implement
this tag?
Is this test a "left-over" from some older version and is not needed any
more?
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
misha@silverstream.com