Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/03/05 00:07:46 UTC

Re: Faceted search in 2 indexes

: I have 2 indexes with some similar fields and some distinct fields. I need
: to make a faceted search that returns the union of the same search in these
:
: How can I make it?

Assuming you don't need facets or sorting on the fields that are distinct
between the two indexes (which wouldn't make any sense), and assuming the
"similar" fields include the uniqueKeyField, you can probably solve this
using a distributed search query, where your "coordinator" usees
schema.xml that is the union of the other schema.xml files (so that it
knows how to format the fields that are distinct to each of the two

-Hoss