Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Timothy Mcginnis <tm...@aessuccess.org> on 2010/05/20 22:25:53 UTC

Preventing an inherited report from running

I have a master pom that specifies the reports to be run.  In one of the
child projects I do not want to run one of those reports.  How do I
prevent it from running?

Tim McGinnis
717 720-1962
Web Development
AES/PHEAA
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended for the above addressees only.  If you
receive this message in error please delete or destroy this message and/or attachments.

The sender of this message will fully cooperate in the civil and criminal prosecution of any individual engaging
in the unauthorized use of this message.

Re: Preventing an inherited report from running

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
One technique I've had work in the normal build plugins, that probably
would work in the reporting ones, is this:

Let's say the Cobertura report you're inheriting (from some parent pom,
I presume) is configured there with an
<execution>
  <id>xyz</id>

(If it doesn't have this, then it is using some default id - you can
find out what it is by running once with the -X parameter, I think)

Then, configure your version of the plugin for Cobertura like:
  <execution>
    <id>xyz</id>   <!-- must match the inherited one -->
    <phase/>       <!-- override the phase to be no-phase - this keeps
this from executing -->

I haven't tried this myself, but if you do, I'd like to know if it
succeeds in "getting rid of" this report :-)

-Marshall Schor

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
It is an easy fix to create that parameter. I guess your best change
is to create a jira issue with the plugin and provide a patch. In the
mean time, release your own version if you have an artifact repository
so each developer can get your own version.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

IPROFS BV.
Claus Sluterweg 125
2012 WS Haarlem
http://www.iprofs.nl

Posted by Timothy Mcginnis <tm...@aessuccess.org>.
The skip helps.  But there is one I'd like to get rid of, the Cobertura
report.  And it doesn't have a skip.

Tim McGinnis
717 720-1962
Web Development