Posted to user@hive.apache.org by CHEBARO Abdallah <Ab...@murex.com> on 2015/04/29 12:56:06 UTC

Stopping HiveServer2

Hello,

How can I stop hiveserver2? I am not able to find the command.

Thanks
*******************************

This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.

RE: Stopping HiveServer2

Posted by zhangjp <sm...@hotmail.com>.
typed  'ps -ef|grep hive' , then u will find the hiveserver2 deamon

From: Abdallah.CHEBARO@murex.com
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: RE: Stopping HiveServer2
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:15:57 +0000

Typed ‘hiveserver2’ in my terminal

RE: Stopping HiveServer2

Re: Stopping HiveServer2

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
how did you start it ?

RE: Stopping HiveServer2

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@peridale.co.uk>.
Just do the following at the os level . Note 10010 below is the port my
hiveserver is running on . By default it is 10000

netstat -alnp|egrep 'Local|10010'

(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info

will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address
State       PID/Program name

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10010               0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      26085/java

The PID  for Hive is 26085

No just issue a kill -9 command at OS level under the user that hive is
running on

Kill -9 26085

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Author of the books "A Practitioner's Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15",
ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7.

co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN
978-0-9759693-0-4

Publications due shortly:

Creating in-memory Data Grid for Trading Systems with Oracle TimesTen and
Coherence Cache

Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume
one out shortly

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this
message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd, its
subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept
any responsibility.

Re: Stopping HiveServer2

Posted by Srinivas Thunga <sr...@gmail.com>.
Sudo service hiveserver2 stop

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015, CHEBARO Abdallah <Ab...@murex.com>
wrote:

>  Hello,
>

> How can I stop hiveserver2? I am not able to find the command.
>

> Thanks
>
> *******************************
>
> This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may
> contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not
> the intended recipient you are not authorised to distribute, copy or use
> this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is
> virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising
> from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
> immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any
> attachments and all copies from your system.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile