Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2013/11/17 14:30:17 UTC

How can I check if an swf has advanced-telemetry enabled?

Hi,

I have recently extedned Flexmojos to support the advanced telemetry compiler flag. Also I have created unit-tests that sort of test that functionality. Unfortunately I can simply see that below flex 4.10 that flag is simply not supported by the compiler. I can't however check if the file is actually enabled. So my question is, what is changed in a SWF in order to enable it so I can check this in a unit-test.

Chris

Re: How can I check if an swf has advanced-telemetry enabled?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de <
christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Well I want to be able to detect programmatically, if advanced telemetry
> is tuned on.
> I agree, running that in Scout would prove its presence, but I want to
> check this in flexmojos testsuite.
>
> @Darrell: As soon as I upgraded the FDK used by Flexmojos 7 to 4.10 this
> was the first compiler version that actually required me to support the
> advancedTelemerty flag. So currently 4.10 and 4.11 seem to be the ones that
> support that flag. Don't know however, if the compiler actually uses
> this... this is what I want to check. I know there is a Perl script and an
> enabler application that modifies SWFs, but having a look at this seemed
> confusing. So I was hoping for someone here on the list to simply say
> something like: "In order to enable an swf, the 4th byte has to be set to
> XYZ" ;-)

Justin added this feature in April.  He should be able to provide a concise
answer.

In the meantime, please take a look at these commits if you can figure
things out:

http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk/commit/fd7f94c2
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk/commit/0b3e42a4
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk/commit/822b3b2a
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk/commit/88bfdfb2
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk/commit/26bcc778
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk/commit/4385498f (this one
probably has your answer)
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk/commit/aa740eca

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Om

AW: How can I check if an swf has advanced-telemetry enabled?

Posted by Avi Kessner <ak...@gmail.com>.
Run scout?

AW: AW: How can I check if an swf has advanced-telemetry enabled?

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

thanks for that pointer. I guess SwfxPrinter seems to be exactly what I was looking for ... will give this a spin the next time I can free some time for Flexmojos :-)

Chris

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

It may be the same place for the same swf with it turned on or off but not 100% sure, certainly not something I'd rely on.

Justin

Re: AW: How can I check if an swf has advanced-telemetry enabled?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Darrell Loverin <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,