Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Josh Rosenblum <jr...@conductor.com> on 2011/03/02 18:03:08 UTC

Trees in Thrift

Wondering whether there has been any further discussion or progress on this. My current use case is trying to send generic query restrictions / criteria to any number of thrift services. I was thinking that sending something like an AST of the criteria expression would be one way to do this. It would be much easier to do this with some sort of recursive datatype. Is something like this suitable for thrift, and what would be the best way to satisfy this use case if so?

Thanks.

-Josh

Re: Trees in Thrift

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
We aren't planning to support this use case, and I don't think our stance on
this is going to change. It'd be a lot of work to make it happen, and while
it'd be nice, it doesn't seem crucial, and there are perfectly acceptable
workarounds to allow the transmission of things like trees and graphs that
have been discussed on this mailing list in the past.