Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com> on 2003/12/03 03:11:42 UTC

Help Please

I'm trying to run a main class to test the java classes generated by Torque
and I get the following exception on command line and I have no idea in the
world how to take care of these. Please help.

203 [main] DEBUG dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory  - Setting datasource
property: url
203 [main] DEBUG dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory  - Setting datasource
property: user
203 [main] DEBUG dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory  - Setting datasource
property: password
203 [main] DEBUG dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory  - Starting
initTorqueClassic
234 [main] DEBUG dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory  - Setting datasource
property: defaultMaxConnections
250 [main] DEBUG dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory  - Setting datasource
property: maxExpiryTime
281 [main] DEBUG dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory  - Setting datasource
property: connectionWaitTimeout
281 [main] DEBUG torque.Torque  - Adding a dummy entry for default, mapped
onto pitchers
359 [main] WARN oid.IDBroker  - IDBroker is being used with db 'PITCHERS',
which does not support transactions. IDBroker attempts to use transactions
to limit the possibility of duplicate key generation.  Without transactions,
duplicate key generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or other
means are used to write to the database.
359 [Thread-0] DEBUG oid.IDBroker  - IDBroker thread was started.
java.lang.NullPointerException: Connection object was null. This could be
due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the logs and
Torque.properties to better determine the cause.
	at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:179)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1372)
	at
com.suz.torque.pitchers.BaseTeamPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseTeamPeer.jav
a:363)
	at
com.suz.torque.pitchers.BaseTeamPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseTeamPeer.jav
a:331)
	at
com.suz.torque.pitchers.BaseTeamPeer.doSelect(BaseTeamPeer.java:299)
	at com.suz.torque.pitchers.Team.findTeamByName(Team.java:27)
	at com.suz.torque.PitcherStats.main(PitcherStats.java:97)

Thanks
Vikas

Re: Help Please

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.
On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 21:11, Vikas Phonsa wrote:
> I'm trying to run a main class to test the java classes generated by Torque
> and I get the following exception on command line and I have no idea in the
> world how to take care of these. Please help.

Have you appropriately set your database connection options?

You sure ask a lot of questions--have you looked at the documentation?

Dave