Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> on 1999/10/12 23:47:26 UTC

mime.types

I when checking the various versions of this file I have kicking
around that the version distributed with Apache is missing a few
(well, about 100) of the recent additions (the WAP stuff was what I
noticed in particular).

I did the following:

$ fetch ftp://ftp.iana.org/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types.tar.gz
$ tar fxz media-types.tar.gz
$ cd media-types
$ find . | sed -e 's!\./\(.*\)!fgrep \1 ~/prog/apache-1.3/conf/mime.types >/dev/null || { echo -n \1; { fgrep "File extension" \1 || echo; } | sed -e "s/[^:]*:/	/"; }!' | sh | sed -e 's!N/A!!' | sort

yeah, I typed it straight off, amazing, huh? :-) and massaged the
output slightly to tidy up the extensions. That is the first
attachment to this message, which is a list of mime types that should
be added.

The second attachment I got by doing:

$ sed -e '/^#/d;s/[     ].*$//;s/.*/ls &/' ~/prog/apache-1.3/conf/mime.types | sh > /dev/null

This is a list of unofficial mime types.

The two also reveal at least one typo (cosmocaller/comsocaller).

Tony.
--
fanf@demon.net -- the .@ person

application/batch-smtp
application/http
application/index
application/index.cmd
application/index.obj
application/index.response
application/index.vnd
application/ipp
application/mathematica-old
application/ocsp-request		orq
application/ocsp-response		ors
application/pkix-cert			cer
application/pkix-crl			crl
application/pkixcmp			pki
application/sdp
application/vnd.accpac.simply.aso	aso
application/vnd.accpac.simply.imp	imp
application/vnd.commerce-battelle	ica icf icd icc ic0 ic1 ic2 ic3 ic4 ic5 ic6 ic7 ic8
application/vnd.commonspace		csp cst
application/vnd.cosmocaller		cmc
application/vnd.cups-postscript
application/vnd.cups-raster
application/vnd.cups-raw
application/vnd.cybank
application/vnd.dpgraph			dpg mwc dpgraph
application/vnd.epson.msf		msf
application/vnd.epson.quickanime	qam
application/vnd.epson.ssf		ssf
application/vnd.fut-misnet
application/vnd.hp-hpid
application/vnd.intu.qbo		qbo
application/vnd.intu.qfx		qfx
application/vnd.lotus-notes		nsf
application/vnd.mediastation.cdkey	cdkey
application/vnd.mobius.daf		daf
application/vnd.mobius.dis		dis
application/vnd.mobius.msl		msl
application/vnd.mobius.plc		plc
application/vnd.mobius.txf		txf
application/vnd.motorola.flexsuite
application/vnd.motorola.flexsuite.adsi
application/vnd.motorola.flexsuite.fis
application/vnd.motorola.flexsuite.gotap
application/vnd.motorola.flexsuite.kmr
application/vnd.motorola.flexsuite.ttc
application/vnd.motorola.flexsuite.wem
application/vnd.pg.format		str
application/vnd.pg.osasli		ei6
application/vnd.powerbuilder7		pbd
application/vnd.powerbuilder7-s		pbd
application/vnd.powerbuilder75		pbd
application/vnd.powerbuilder75-s	pbd
application/vnd.previewsystems.box	box vbox
application/vnd.publishare-delta-tree	qps
application/vnd.shana.informed.formdata
application/vnd.triscape.mxs		mxs
application/vnd.ufdl			ufdl ufd frm
application/vnd.uplanet.alert
application/vnd.uplanet.alert-wbxml
application/vnd.uplanet.bearer-choi-wbxml
application/vnd.uplanet.bearer-choice
application/vnd.uplanet.cacheop
application/vnd.uplanet.cacheop-wbxml
application/vnd.uplanet.channel
application/vnd.uplanet.channel-wbxml
application/vnd.uplanet.list
application/vnd.uplanet.list-wbxml
application/vnd.uplanet.listcmd
application/vnd.uplanet.listcmd-wbxml
application/vnd.uplanet.signal
application/vnd.vcx			vcx
application/vnd.wap.wbxml		wbxml
application/vnd.wap.wmlc		wmlc wbxml
application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc		wmlsc
application/vnd.xfdl			xfdl xfd frm
audio/l16
audio/vnd.cns.anp1
audio/vnd.cns.inf1
audio/vnd.digital-winds			eol
audio/vnd.lucent.voice			lvp
audio/vnd.nortel.vbk			vbk
audio/vnd.octel.sbc
audio/vnd.rhetorex.32kadpcm
audio/vnd.vmx.cvsd
image/prs.pti				pti
image/vnd.cns.inf2			none
image/vnd.fastbidsheet			fbs
image/vnd.mix
image/vnd.wap.wbmp			wbmp
message/s-http
model/vnd.flatland.3dml			3dml 3dm
model/vnd.gtw				gtw
text/calendar
text/vnd.fly				fly
text/vnd.motorola.reflex
text/vnd.wap.wml			wml xml
text/vnd.wap.wmlscript			wmls

ls: application/mac-compactpro: No such file or directory
ls: application/rtf: No such file or directory
ls: application/sgml: No such file or directory
ls: application/smil: No such file or directory
ls: application/vnd.comsocaller: No such file or directory
ls: application/vnd.shana.informed.formtemplate: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-bcpio: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-cdlink: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-chess-pgn: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-compress: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-cpio: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-csh: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-director: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-dvi: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-futuresplash: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-gtar: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-gzip: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-hdf: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-javascript: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-koan: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-latex: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-netcdf: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-sh: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-shar: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-shockwave-flash: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-stuffit: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-sv4cpio: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-sv4crc: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-tar: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-tcl: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-tex: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-texinfo: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-troff: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-troff-man: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-troff-me: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-troff-ms: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-ustar: No such file or directory
ls: application/x-wais-source: No such file or directory
ls: audio/midi: No such file or directory
ls: audio/mpeg: No such file or directory
ls: audio/x-aiff: No such file or directory
ls: audio/x-pn-realaudio: No such file or directory
ls: audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin: No such file or directory
ls: audio/x-realaudio: No such file or directory
ls: audio/x-wav: No such file or directory
ls: chemical/x-pdb: No such file or directory
ls: image/bmp: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-cmu-raster: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-portable-anymap: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-portable-bitmap: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-portable-graymap: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-portable-pixmap: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-rgb: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-xbitmap: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-xpixmap: No such file or directory
ls: image/x-xwindowdump: No such file or directory
ls: text/vnd.flatland.3dml: No such file or directory
ls: text/x-setext: No such file or directory
ls: video/x-msvideo: No such file or directory
ls: video/x-sgi-movie: No such file or directory
ls: x-conference/x-cooltalk: No such file or directory

Re: mime.types

Posted by Sander van Zoest <sa...@mp3.com>.
On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Tony Finch wrote:

> I when checking the various versions of this file I have kicking
> around that the version distributed with Apache is missing a few
> (well, about 100) of the recent additions (the WAP stuff was what I
> noticed in particular).

In vain to this. The audio/mpeg entry is really invalid, and should
be replaced with

audio/x-mpeg	mpga mp2 mp3

Also the addition of audio/x-mpegurl would be extremely useful.

audio/x-mpegurl	m3u

Cheers,

--
Sander van Zoest                                             sander@mp3.com
High Geek                                                    (858) 623-7442