Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by James Sirota <js...@apache.org> on 2016/09/21 18:18:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] Recurring community meetings to demo Metron features

I want to setup recurring meetings that run twice a month where we can demo latest features of Metron and fixes for Metron .  I want to have the first one of these this Friday on Sept. 23, 11AM PST.

Would anyone object to doing this?  If not, what medium do we want to do it in?  I would like people to be able to use screen share and not just IRC.  On my end I can provide a Zoom or a WebEx to facilitate this.  Then we can post meeting notes onto the Metron boards and post the video up on you tube and link to it.  Any other preferences/suggestions on how to do this?

-------------------�
Thank you,

James Sirota
PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)
jsirota AT apache DOT org

Re: [DISCUSS] Recurring community meetings to demo Metron features

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
I like the general idea, but let's remain cognizant of the level of
effort.  The "fancier" this gets, the less time the contributors actually
spend coding.

Setting yourself up for a demo, especially with Metron where there are so
many moving parts, can easily take a day's worth of effort.  Maybe a half
day to setup, then a half-day of down time because I can't change anything
after I have setup for a demo.  As it stands now, I can barely run
Zoom/Webex while I have a Metron/Vagrant environment running.  This causes
the audio to fade in and out, and the laptop to actively burn a hole
through my table.

Personally, I think once a month is a good starting point.  If we find the
agenda expanding beyond the time allotment, then we can increase the
frequency.

--
Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>

Re: [DISCUSS] Recurring community meetings to demo Metron features

Posted by Egon Kidmose <ki...@gmail.com>.
+1 on agenda

Posted by Kyle Richardson <ky...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016, 15:53 Tseytlin, Keren <Ke...@capitalone.com>
wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Kevin and I (and perhaps a couple others from our team) will join in too.
> Keep us posted with the meeting details.
>
> Best,
> Keren
>
> On 9/21/16, 2:26 PM, "Otto Fowler" <ot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi James,
> >
> >I think this is a great idea.  Zoom seems to work pretty well.
> >
> >On September 21, 2016 at 14:18:54, James Sirota (jsirota@apache.org)
> >wrote:
> >
> >I want to setup recurring meetings that run twice a month where we can
> >demo
> >latest features of Metron and fixes for Metron . I want to have the first
> >one of these this Friday on Sept. 23, 11AM PST.
> >
> >Would anyone object to doing this? If not, what medium do we want to do it
> >in? I would like people to be able to use screen share and not just IRC.
> >On
> >my end I can provide a Zoom or a WebEx to facilitate this. Then we can
> >post
> >meeting notes onto the Metron boards and post the video up on you tube and
> >link to it. Any other preferences/suggestions on how to do this?

> >Thank you,
> >
> >James Sirota
> >PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)
> >jsirota AT apache DOT org

Jon

Re: [DISCUSS] Recurring community meetings to demo Metron features

Posted by "Tseytlin, Keren" <Ke...@capitalone.com>.
Hi James,