Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "webhiker@tiscali.fr" <we...@tiscali.fr> on 2004/03/16 16:20:36 UTC

Problem storing binary resources in version 1.1b3

Hi all,

Using version 1.1b3 of Xindice, running in Tomcat, we are now getting
the error when storing binary resources :

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: :Cannot insert a binary resource in
collection March+16%2C+2004+4%3A00+PM: inline-metadata is not enabled.
     [java]     at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(CollectionImpl.java:201)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.storeResource(CollectionImpl.java:318)

There are no references that I can find to setting this option when
starting/configuring Xindice.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks
WH

Re: Problem storing binary resources in version 1.1b3

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
webhiker@tiscali.fr wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using version 1.1b3 of Xindice, running in Tomcat, we are now getting
> the error when storing binary resources :
>
> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: :Cannot insert a binary resource in
> collection March+16%2C+2004+4%3A00+PM: inline-metadata is not enabled.
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(CollectionImpl.java:201)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.storeResource(CollectionImpl.java:318)
>

> There are no references that I can find to setting this option when
> starting/configuring Xindice.
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Unit tests are your friends. Really. See BinaryResourceTest.java:

        String cfg
                = "<collection compressed=\"true\" name=\"" + name + "\"
inline-metadata=\"true\">"
                + "   <filer
class=\"org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler\" />"
                + "</collection>";

Vadim