Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ed Staub <es...@silknet.com> on 2000/06/01 19:39:22 UTC

Bug: 1.1.0: schema: recursive complexTypes stackoverflow

[Steve, is this the same thing you're seeing?]

[What's the correct way to post bug reports? ... feature requests?
Send them to mailto:xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org?
I tried to go to http://xml.apache.org/bugs/ and got a "Forbidden"
response.]

I get a stack overflow in 1.1.0 when trying to validate against a schema
which includes the following recursive complexType:

<complexType name="inheritsType" content="elementOnly">
 <sequence>
  <element name="inherits" type="inheritsType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
 </sequence>
 <attribute name="from" type="string"/>
 <attribute name="aggregates">
  <simpleType base="NMTOKEN">
   <enumeration value="NodeInstance"/>
   <enumeration value="ProcessDefinition"/>
   <enumeration value="ProcessInstance"/>
  </simpleType>
 </attribute>
</complexType>

Thanks,
-Ed Staub
Kana Communications, Inc.

Re: 1.1.0: schema: recursive complexTypes stackoverflow

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.
Thanks for reporting this bug, I've fixed it and checked in the changes. You
can extract the latest image from CVS if you want to check it out.

Best regards
Eric