Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Archana <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/08 19:20:48 UTC

Model window issue

Hi All,

I need some help regarding the model window.

My web page contains some components. On click of a icon a model window 1
opens. Model window 1 extends a panel. Model window 1 has a "create" button,
on click of which another model window i.e. the Model window 2 opens. On
open of Model window 2, I want to hide the Model window 1 or make it
inactive so that it will not be selected.

Can I do that any way. I have tried to close() and setVisible() for the
Model window 1. It did not work.

Thanks in advance.

-----
Thanks & Regards,
Archana

Re: Model window issue

Posted by Archana <ar...@gmail.com>.
In my application both the model windows are pretty much of same size. So
when one model window opens on the other one, it looks very odd. for that
reason I need to some how make the underneath model window inactive or
hidden, so that it will not look odd. I can not close the Model window 1 as
it is the parent one. If I close it the child i.e. Model window 2 will not
open.

Please give me some suggestions on this.

-----
Thanks & Regards,
Archana

Re: Model window issue

Posted by rmattler <Ro...@gmail.com>.
I do this in my app.  I open a modal window and when you hit save I open
another modal window to confirm your save and if you confirm I close both
modal windows.

modalConfirm.close(target);
modalSelectDate.close(target);

	IndicatingAjaxLink<Void> btnConfirmSave = new
IndicatingAjaxLink<Void>("btnConfirmSave") {

				@Override
				protected IAjaxCallDecorator getAjaxCallDecorator() {
					return new
AjaxPostprocessingCallDecorator(super.getAjaxCallDecorator()) {

						@Override
						public CharSequence postDecorateScript(CharSequence script) {
							return script + "this.disabled = true; this.style.display =
\"none\";";
						}

						@Override
						public CharSequence postDecorateOnSuccessScript(CharSequence script) {
							return script + " this.disabled = false;";
						}
					};
				}

				@Override
					if (target != null) {

						for (Positions position : positions) {

position.setVolunteersByFkVolunteerScheduled(session.getVolunteers());
							positionsDAO.save(position);
						}

					//	wmc.setVisible(false);
						target.addComponent(wmc);
						modalConfirm.close(target);
						modalSelectDate.close(target);

					}

				}

			};

			btnConfirmSave.setOutputMarkupId(true);
			btnConfirmSave.setMarkupId("buttonConfirmOK");
			add(btnConfirmSave);