Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Krishna Mohan <kr...@mbcet.ac.in> on 2020/02/26 14:02:54 UTC

Windows subsystem Linux Terminal in NB

Dear list

I use CygWin under Netbeans from 8.2 (Windows64 version) and it works
really nice (as like Bash terminal under a Linux based NB).

My question: Now Windows OS support WSL (Windows subsystem for linux),
which is more powerful and more compatible than CygWin for native Linux
application in Windows OS. So, Does NB team have some plan to incorporate
WSL Terminal in Windows-NB ( in future, at least)?

Thanks in advance

Krishnamohan

RE: Windows subsystem Linux Terminal in NB

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.
I do use WSL myself quite a lot, and I used to use Cygwin before, though never from NetBeans.
I think it should be possible to configure WSL to allow SSH connections to localhost. Then you could connect NetBeans to WSL via SSH.

-- Eirik